Thursday, July 1, 2010

Bed Rest

I officially have been put on bed rest until Logan is born. What a stubborn child. When I am up and about, my blood pressure gets as high as 170/110. Not cool in my Doctors books. When I am in resting state, it lowers down to 136/86.
So for the next 4 weeks until my scheduled c-section date, you can find me on my couch or bed. Bed rest is really a hard thing for a nesting Mother. I sit there finding things that need to be done and I am so use to doing it myself. I am waiting for my "The Southern Vampire Mysteries" book series to come in the mail. Hopefully that can contain me from going crazy.
I had always thought of bed rest as a great thing. You can lounge around and watch Maury Povich yell "You are NOT the father" or the daily dose of A Baby Story. But after a while of your rear going numb and the time slowly ticking away, your brain turns to mush.
So I guess I will be soaking up this time to myself before Logan is born. Lord knows I'll be requesting these quiet moments back. Maybe I'll go back to the couch and give myself a manicure. If I have to spend the next month on the couch, I might as well be looking good on it.

No comments: